Running a small business often comes with a small workplace and, in some cases, no workplace at all. In many small businesses, owners work out of a home office and deal with an overflow of inventory creeping into other rooms of their home. If this is a challenge you’re facing, small business self storage is an excellent option for you. It can help you create the organized and simplified office space you need to run your small business properly.
At Central Self Storage, we offer a variety of storage unit sizes and can help you determine the size you need for your small business inventory storage. Learn more about the benefits of self storage for your business so you can organize paperwork, documents, inventory, and more!
Benefits of Self Storage for a Small Business
If your small business is looking to store extra files or inventory, a self storage unit can provide exactly the amount of space you need at an affordable rate. Utilizing a self storage unit for your small business has many benefits. Some of these include:
- Storing unused items – If you aren’t using something often and it takes up a lot of space, it is the perfect item to place in self storage.
- Buying items in bulk – Often, small business owners buy inventory or other supplies in bulk because it is a lower-cost option. However, it’s stressful to have extra supplies and inventory all over the house or office that you don’t currently need. Allow yourself to buy supplies and inventory at a lower rate and store it in your self storage unit until you need them.
- Document storage – While many important documents are now electronic, many business owners still keep paper copies. Paper copies can multiply quickly and take up a lot of space. Use a self storage unit to store the documents you don’t need often but need to keep in case you need to refer to them later.
Another huge benefit of self storage units is that they are safe and secure. At Central Self Storage, we inspect our facilities regularly to ensure it is a safe and clean place to store your belongings.
Clothing Inventory Storage
A considerable benefit of self storage for a small business is that you can use it for your clothing inventory storage or any other type of inventory. This is an excellent option if you have extra inventory that you can’t fit in your home or office.
You can visit your self storage unit as often as you want. Then, when customers make a purchase, you can come to your organized unit to find the inventory you need to send out to them.
If your small business uses equipment or power tools, you shouldn’t have to sacrifice personal garage space to store them. Keep items such as sanders, saws, lawn mowers, snow blowers, and more organized in your unit between projects. Renting a drive-up storage unit will allow you to easily access these items, whether you need them once a week or once a month.
Self Storage Tips and Tricks
While you can’t use a self storage unit as an office for your small business, you can undoubtedly store office items you don’t use every day. We have several tips and tricks to store your small business items so you can have the most positive self storage experience possible. Self storage tips for small businesses include:
- Find a storage facility with good security. At Central Self Storage, the security of your items is our priority. We understand you could have valuable items in your storage unit that you want to keep safe. Our facility’s security can help ensure your items remain intact and in good condition.
- Find a storage facility with several unit sizes. As your small business grows, you want to ensure your chosen storage facility grows. When starting, you might just need a small unit. If you continue to grow and need more documents or inventory storage, moving within the same building is easier. Our convenient month-to-month leases makes this a simple task!
- Get insurance for your storage unit to properly insure your items so you can rest assured you are covered if anything happens. Most facilities require this and some even offer their own so you can group it in with your monthly rental fee.
- Don’t overstuff your unit. If you choose a unit that is too small, it isn’t easy to find the items you need quickly. A huge benefit of a storage unit is the organization it can provide. Overstuffing your unit can make your belongings unorganized and difficult to retrieve.
- Create a map of your unit. Write down where everything is located inside of your self storage unit. This way, you can easily and quickly find what you are looking for.
Following these tips and tricks can help you have a more positive self storage experience for your small business.
Find Storage for Your Small Business Today
Organize your small business today with the help of a self storage unit. At Central Self Storage we understand the importance of convenience, which is why we offer storage spaces in a variety of sizes, convenient locations, and facility features designed with customers experience in mind.
Find storage solutions for your small business today with the help of Central Self Storage. With locations in Arizona, California, and beyond, we’ve got you covered so you can focus on growing your business and building your legacy.